Summer Chemistry Internship 2019 - Applied Research, Colloids and Rheology
Chemistry Summer Internship: Applied Research, Colloids and Rheology
A day in the life
- Prepare samples for analysis and operate test equipment with minimal supervision
- Collect data and assist in interpreting results and provide recommendations
- Maintain an accurate and legible laboratory notebook
- Communicate progress and results to staff, sponsors and customers
- Capture research project in written report(s) and final presentation
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace, supporting Lubrizol environmental and safety policies
- Full time (40 hours / week) during summer
Who are we looking for?
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or polymer chemistry from an accredited college or university with an anticipated graduation date on or after August 2019.
- Minimum 2 years of engineering and/or chemistry course and lab work including completion of organic chemistry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Benefits of working for Lubrizol
- We have FUN!
- Lubrizol hosts a variety of events and activities for the Co-Op and Interns. Past events include an Indians game, paid volunteering days and even a picnic hosted by our CEO! Exclusive events are planned for co-ops and interns so that all students have the opportunity to get to know each other outside of work.
- You will grow professionally.
- All co-ops and interns present their work at the end of each work session. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other co-ops are doing.
- Lubrizol rewards your hard work!
- All co-ops and interns are paid a competitive rate
- You're eligible for holiday pay for holidays that fall within your work period.
- Housing assistance assistance is offered to eligible students.