Summer Chemistry Internship 2019 - Metalworking
Chemistry Summer Internship: Metalworking Chemistry Internship
You will learn a variety of testing procedures that are applicable to many different disciplines of study. You will learn what skills are necessary to become best in class and gain knowledge about this fascinating specialty chemical industry. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop in a professional setting by attending and participating in meetings, maintaining a balance of responsibilities in your area, and communicating effectively with many groups of people. You will be responsible for a project related to your testing area and present your work to fellow colleagues at the end of your term.
A day in the life
- Work with technicians and chemists to perform analytical and performance tests in a laboratory environment
- Operate lab equipment and instruments with minimal supervision
- Assist in quality control and documentation of testing methods
- Interpret and accurately report data and results to colleagues, sponsors and business partners
- Follow safe laboratory practices
- Present overview of summer work assignment to managers and chemists
- Full time (40 hours / week) during summer term
Who are we looking for?
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate chemistry or related degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation date on or after August 2018
- Willing and able to work a 40 hour work week Monday-Friday during the summer of 2018 in Wickliffe, Ohio (please note that housing is provided to eligible students)
- Completed one year of General Chemistry (lecture and laboratory) and one semester of Organic Chemistry (lecture and laboratory)
- Experience working in a laboratory environment and use safety procedures
- Knowledge of basic chemical reactions and properties
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Willingness to learn and participate in the development of new techniques and test methods
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team research effort
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrate ability to proactively and creatively approach problems
Benefits of Lubrizol’s Chemistry Internship Programs:
- Rewarding your hard work!Competitive pay
- Holiday pay for holidays that fall within your work period
- Tuition reimbursement assistance during work sessions
- Housing assistance and relocation assistance is offered to students with a permanent residence that is 35 miles or more from their assigned work location(s)
- FUN! We host a variety of events and activities for our students. Past events include a Cleveland Indians game, paid volunteering days, and even a picnic hosted by our CEO!
- Grow professionally. All interns present their work at the end of each work session. This is an excellent opportunity to improve your public speaking skills and hear what other students are doing.