2019 - 2020 Career Ambassador
Looking for an exciting and rewarding job on-campus?
The Office of Career Services is looking for friendly, energetic students with a passion for helping fellow students and the UT community. Career Ambassadors will assist the Career Services Office in promoting career development opportunities and helping students develop their professional brand.
Career Ambassador Responsibilities:
- Attend Career Ambassador training in August before the start of the Fall semester and as needed throughout the year to learn tasks associated with being a Career Ambassador
- Assist undergraduate students with resume reviews, interview prep, and other career-related topics during walk-in office hours
- Present career services related topics to student organizations and other departments and stakeholders
- Assist the career services team in facilitating career events to include but not limited to workshops, presentations, and career fairs
- Assist employers during campus recruitment visits and events
- Offer ideas and content for social media posts and support other Career Services promotion activities
- Serve as the student liaison for assigned learning communities including outreach and programming across campus and in resident halls
- Abide by all University regulations and policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduating on or after December 2020
All majors allowed
1. If selected - A group interview will be held April 4th with a possible individual interview held the following week. You will receive additional information if selected for an interview.
2. If you are chosen to be a Career Ambassador, you will be required to attend Career Ambassador Training held before the Fall 2019 semester begins. More details will be given if you're selected for the position.
3.Please provide a cover letter speaking to your qualifications and experience with being a mentor/ tutor or skills that would make you a good candidate for the Career Ambassador team. Be sure your resume reflects your experience with, events, presenting, social media, volunteering, and other related areas.
******* By submitting your resume and cover letter, you agree to the release of your disciplinary records and academic grades to the Career Services office to certify your eligibility as a Career Ambassador candidate. Also, you understand that to be eligible you must be in good disciplinary and academic standing with the university.